How many times have you been asked to introduce yourself? From the teacher to your co-workers, friends, family, and business and social networks, we meet new people daily. In this article, we will look at how we should give a self introduction to IELTS and find out what to do if any problems occur when giving a self-introduction in IELTS so that it would go smoothly.
Self Introduction In IELTS
Hello, my name is Arjun and I’m from the India. I recently graduated from XYZ University with a degree in Business Administration.
In my free time, I enjoy reading and playing soccer. I’m taking the IELTS test because I plan on pursuing a Master’s degree in International Business and it is a requirement for the program. I am excited to take the test and look forward to the opportunity to study abroad
Hi, my name is Ramesh and I am from India. I am here to take the IELTS exam as a step towards pursuing higher education abroad.
I have just completed my high school education and am eager to continue my studies in a foreign country. I am particularly interested in studying subjects such as computer science, engineering, and mathematics.
I believe that studying abroad will provide me with a unique and valuable educational experience, as well as the opportunity to immerse myself in a different culture.
I am confident that my strong academic background, combined with my enthusiasm and determination, will help me to succeed in this endeavor.
Thank you for the opportunity to take this exam and I hope to do my best.
1. Before giving your self introduction, please make sure –
2. You have learned about some of the common questions that will be asked in the IELTS speaking exam.
3. If you are appearing for a general training test, ask some of the people who have already passed the general training exam about the types of questions you will be asked.
4. Once you know the type of questions, you can prepare a few notes you can use while talking.
5. While practicing at home, try to speak only using those notes.
6. Try to look confident and dress well.
7. Smile and make eye contact with an examiner in the speaking test.
8. If you don’t remember the answer, just try to divert the examiner to other questions by giving simple and appropriate answers like – “I am sorry, but I don’t know about it.”
9. Be confident, optimistic, and avoid saying “I don’t know” even though you do not know the actual answer; instead, give some relevant information from your side, and that’s enough for a positive result on the IELTS speaking test.
How To Introduce Yourself In English In IELTS?
1. Always say Hello and introduce yourself first:
2. Mention your name and job title/position (if any):
3. Talk about your educational background: You may be still studying or have completed your studies recently. You may even be working or doing a job. Whatever the case, briefly mention what you are doing or have done in the past.
4. Talk about any special interests/hobbies you have: This is an excellent way to end the introduction as it sounds friendly and genuine. If you don’t have any special interests, then mention something you often do other than reading and studying.
How To Introduce Yourself In IELTS Exam?
1. State your name, age, and where you are from.
2. Work topics: If you work, study, or both.
3. Talk about your interests.
4. What do you like/ dislike?
5. Your location- city or country.
6. Your family/ free time activities.
7. Be yourself.
IELTS is probably the most popular English language proficiency test. It is conducted by the British Council and IDP Education worldwide. The test is held worldwide to assess the candidates’ listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills. And you can take the above tips to introduce yourself in IELTS speaking Exam.